[Numpy-discussion] Reverting changes on Wiki, contacting users

Stephan Tolksdorf st at sigmasquared.net
Wed Aug 2 17:42:52 EDT 2006

> The changes by jlc46, I agree, don't look like what we want up there in
> the long term. However, they do look like valid issues (s)he had while
> trying to follow the instructions on that page. Not being much of a
> Windows user myself, I have no idea what the issues involved are, but
> perhaps before simply reverting them you could get to the bottom of the
> issue?

I think these questions should be posted on the mailing list so that
everybody gets a chance to answer them, not only the people subscribing
to the particular Wiki page.

Regarding the installation problems on Windows: A while ago I put some
effort into writing a patch to correct a few build issues on windows.
Due to unfortunate reasons nobody tried to apply the patch until part of
it was obsoleted by changes of David M. Cooke to system_info.py. As I
didn't keep track of David's changes to the build system I asked him for
advice regarding the integration of my patch, but I never got a reply.
Seems like I will have to bite the bullet and replicate some of my
earlier efforts...

Regards,
   Stephan