[Numpy-discussion] Segmentation Fault with Numeric 24.2 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (8.7.0)

Daran L. Rife drife at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 10 10:02:23 EDT 2006

Hi group,

Sorry, but there was an error on my previous message,
2nd paragraph, 2nd setence. It should read:

Unfortunately, I am experiencing a problem that I cannot sort
out. I am running Python 2.4.3 on a Mac G5 running OS X 10.4
Tiger (8.7.0), using gcc version 4.0.1, and the Apple
vecLib.framework which has an optimized BLAS and LAPACK.
When building Numeric 24.0, 24.1, or 24.2 everything seems
to go AOK. But when I run code which makes use of the Numeric
package (maksed arrays, dot product, LinearAlgebra, etc.) my
code crashes hard and unpredictably. When it crashes I simply
get a "Segmentation Fault". I'm sorry that I can't be more
specific about what seems to happen just before the crash...
I've tried to trace it but to no avail.

Thanks again for your help.

Daran