[Numpy-discussion] site.cfg problems

Stephen Walton drswalton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 04:04:58 EDT 2006

Does site.cfg actually work?  I ask because I want to test numpy (and soon
scipy) against ATLAS 3.7.13.  For simplicity I used the "make install" with
that distribution, which puts the files in /usr/local/atlas/lib,
/usr/local/atlas/include, and so on.  No problem, so I created a site.cfg in
the numpy root directory with

[atlas]
library_dirs = /usr/local/atlas/lib
atlas_libs = lapack, blas, cblas, atlas
include_dirs = /usr/local/atlas/include/

The numpy build did not find atlas; the output of "python setup.py build"
shows no sign of even having checked the listed directory above for the
libraries.  Did I do something wrong?  Should site.cfg be in
numpy/numpy/distutils instead?