[Numpy-discussion] BLAS not found in numpy 1.0b4

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 31 12:36:08 EDT 2006

Jonathan Taylor wrote:
> When trying to install 1.0b4 I had trouble getting it to detect my
> installed atlas.  This was because the shipped site.cfg had;
>
> [atlas]
> library_dirs = /usr/lib/atlas/3dnow/
> atlas_libs = lapack, blas
>
> but I had to change 3dnow to sse2 due to my current state of
> pentiumness.  In any case it should probabally look in all the
> possible locations instead of just AMD's location.

"All possible locations" is pretty much impossible. There really isn't
any choice but for individuals to customize site.cfg for their setup.
that's why it's called "site".cfg.

I would like to see a pretty good collection of examples, most of them
commented out, in there, however. i.e.:

## for AMD atlas:
#library_dirs = /usr/lib/atlas/3dnow/
#atlas_libs = lapack, blas

## for Fedora Core 4 sse2 atlas:
#library_dirs = /usr/lib/sse2/
#atlas_libs = lapack, blas

etc, etc.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov