[Numpy-discussion] Segmentation Fault with Numeric 24.2 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (8.7.0)

Hanno Klemm klemm at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 10 12:50:38 EDT 2006

Hi Daran,

I fortunately never had the need to run different versions in
parallel, so I basically removed the earlier versions of numpy.
However, as you possibly know, you can build wrapper functions for
fortran code with f2py (which is now shipped with numpy). And that is
where I got the segfault behaviour: I had a module compiled for numpy
0.9.6 and then tried to use it with numpy 1.0b.

Therefore I thought if you have similar stuff running on your machine
that might be a reason. The obvious solution is to recompile the
fortran code with the newer version of f2py. But fom what you write,
your problem seems to be different.

Regards,
Hanno

--