[Numpy-discussion] scipy_distutils

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:01:27 EDT 2006

David Grant wrote:
> Where can I find the Extension module now? In the f2py documentation,
> the following import is used:
>
> from scipy_distutils.core import Extension
>
> but that doesn't work, and I read that this was moved into numpy along
> with f2py. I can't seem to find it anywhere. What's the current way of
> doing this?

That documentation is no longer up-to-date wrt building. I don't think that
Pearu has done a comprehensive update of that section. The best place to look
for documentation is numpy/doc/DISTUTILS.txt . numpy itself and scipy provide
excellent examples of use, too.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."