[Numpy-discussion] Newbie Question, Probability

Mark Janikas mjanikas at esri.com
Thu Dec 21 11:43:31 EST 2006

Thanks for all the input so far.  The only thing that seems odd about
the omission of probability or quantile functions in NumPy is that all
the random number generators are present in RandomArray.  At any rate,
hopefully this bit of functionality will be present in the future, but
for now, IMO the library is awesome..... I am used to using R for math
routines, and all my sparse matrix stuff is WAAAAAAY faster using the
Python-NumPy Combo!  Thanks to all for their insight,

MJ