[Numpy-discussion] test issue

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Fri Dec 29 23:54:18 EST 2006

Thanks again for the input. You've been really helpful.

On Dec 29, 2006, at 8:47 PM, Eric Firing wrote:

>  As far as I know, your pythonmac package
> source is a good choice.  I'm sure one of the many Mac users on this
> list can elaborate.

I won't go into the long tirade of problems I've run into when trying
to use these packages w/Mac OS X 10.4 But just in case you're
interested in the flavor, the wx pacakge doesn't seem to work w/
matplotlib's WXAgg, setting matplotlib's numerix to Numeric breaks
plotting. The list goes on. Your comments about installing from svn
are like others I've heard. Unfortunately, if I really might have to
bite the bullet at some point, as the wx / matplotlib problem is
likely related to the fact that various pieces were built with
different versions of the same compiler. (Sigh).

--b