[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-user] Messing with missing values

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Sun Feb 26 11:31:57 EST 2006

I am replying on "numpy-discussion"  because this is really a numpy
rather than scipy topic.

> Unfortunately, most of the numpy/scipy functions don't handle missing values
> nicely.

Can you specify which *numpy* functions are giving you trouble?
That should be fixed.

> How could I mask the values corresponding to
> MA.masked in the final list, without having to check every single element?

Latest ma allows you to pass masked arrays directly to ufuncs. In
order for this to work a ufunc should be registered in the "domains"
and "fills" dictionaries.  Not much documentation on this feature
exists yet, so you will have to read the code in ma.py to figure this
out.