[Numpy-discussion] missing array type

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 14:27:13 EST 2006

It looks like what you want is a zero-stride array that I proposed
some time ago. See "zeros in strides" thread
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9629046&forum_id=4890>.

I've posted a patch to the list, but it was met with a mild opposition
from Travis, so I've never committed it to SVN.    The final word was:

"""
I would also like to get more opinions about Sasha's proposal for
zero-stride arrays.

-Travis
"""

If you agree that zero-stride array would provide the functionality
that you need, it may tip the ballance towards accepting that patch.