[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] Messing with missing values

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 14:48:03 EST 2006

Please reply to the list rather than in private e-mail. Private e-mail
is likely to end up in a spam folder.  See more below.

On 2/27/06, pierregm <pgmdevlist at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Sasha,
> Thanks for your answer.
> > Ma development page is at
> > http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/MaskedArray .
> > Feel free to add contents there.  I would welcome a section listing
> > numpy functions that are still not available in ma.
>
> OK, I'll work on that

Great!

> > Median is one of those examples where Paul's recommendation does not
> > work because missing values should be ignored rather than filled.  For
> > example, in R median has two modes: to ignore missing values and to
> > return missing value if any value is missing:
>
> OK, good idea. I already implemented a mamedian for 1d and 2d array. Could you
> tell me where I could upload it to be double-checked/tested ?

I see three logical locations for patches:

1. Attach to the wiki page:
<http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/attachment/wiki/MaskedArray?action=new>.
2. Post to the list: <mailto:numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge.net>.
3. Upload to sourceforge:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1369&atid=301369>.

I don't have any preference, but if you choose 1 or 3, please announce
the URL on the list.  Also it is best to post patches as an output tof
"svn diff".