[Numpy-discussion] Re: NumPy Glossary Was:Matlab page on scipy wiki

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:22:03 EST 2006

Well, I'm with Fernando.  Wikis are meant for having people muck with them.
I am much more annoyed for instance by the "NumPy Tutorial" teaser link on
the main documentation page that goes to nowhere than I would be by a half
finished page that acknowledges it's half finished.   If I'd known I was
supposed to go to some Dev Zone and put in a provisional page or whatnot I
probably wouldn't have made the NumPy for Matlab users page.  Which is still
half finished, thank-you-very-much, but nonetheless still contains useful
information.  More useful information than the "NumPy Tutorial" link at
least.  :-)

--bb

On 2/10/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Joe Harrington wrote:
>
> >>Why? Did you read the argument I made for putting it on the main wiki?
> How are
> >>you going to get contributions on the dev wiki once anonymous edits are
> locked
> >>out (which they will hopefully be very soon, before the wiki is spammed
> out of
> >>recognition)?
> >

> > Fernando, that page *is* on the main wiki (I don't deal with the
> > developers' wiki at all).  Go to scipy.org, click on Developer Zone in
> > the navigation tabs, scroll down to DOCUMENTATION: Projects.
>
> I misunderstood something: I thought you wanted it moved over to the dev
> wiki,
> which is the first link on the DeveloperZone page.  I read the
> DeveloperZone
> page (on the main wiki) and thought you wanted the glossary moved over to
> the
> pages linked there, and since the first ones are for the Trac wiki, I
> (mis)understood you wanted the glossary pushed over there.  Sorry for the
> confusion.
>
> Cheers,

William V. Baxter III
OLM Digital