[Numpy-discussion] algorithm, optimization, or other problem?

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Fri Feb 24 11:21:09 EST 2006

> cdef int it,i
>
> increases the speed from 8 seconds per block to 0.2 seconds per block,
> which is comparable to the mex.
>
> I learned that I have to be a bit more careful!  :)

Yes, it's always good to double-check the autogenerated C code that
Pyrex makes. (This becomes especially important if you release the GIL
from your Pyrex code -- I once spent days tracking a weird race
condition in threaded code due to this simple oversight.)

I'm glad Pyrex is working to get comparable speeds to pure C now.

Cheers!
Andrew