[Numpy-discussion] arrayobject.h (and friends) install location

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 14:15:02 EST 2006

> Yes, this has been discussed before and the discussion is in scipy-dev
> archives somewhere.. The location of numpy header files is well-documented
> (we have numpy/doc/CAPI.txt and numpy.get_numpy_include()), so I don't
> understand what is the problem with the current situation.

The problem with the current situation is that the include files end
up in a rather obscure
place. Is there any other python extension package that installs its
include files in site-packages?  Can someone summarize the reasons for
the change so that this problem
can find its resting place in a FAQ somewhere? What problem does the
new location solve that cannot be solved with the --prefix option?

-- sasha