[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] Strange behaviour of dot function

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jan 31 06:56:10 EST 2006

Johannes Löhnert wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just found out that the dot function which multiplies matrices gives
>strange results for a 3-dimensional array. Consider the following example:

You just found two bugs in numpy.dot one of which is also there in
Numeric.

I just committed a fix to both bugs by using the ever-useful N-d array
iterator (it sure makes it easier to write algorithms for strided
arrays...).

All three of your tests now produce the same answer.   Thank you for
finding this problem.

-Travis