[Numpy-discussion] Use of numpy, scipy and matplotlib (pylab) together?

Robert Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Tue Jan 17 08:07:01 EST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 9:54 AM, John Byrnes wrote:

> but rather to use:
> import numpy as np
> import scipy as S
> import pylab as pl

This may indeed be better (although I am generally lazy, and just
import * them).  I would certainly be willing to make the effort not
to be lazy if there was a standard convention.  Are there standard
names for importing these packages?  I have seen quite a few
different conventions in various peoples code.  E..g, why not import
scipy as sp (instead of S)?  From the Numeric days, people often
import NumPy (et al.) as N, matplotlib as mpl, etc.

-Rob

-----
Rob Hetland, Assistant Professor
Dept of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
p: 979-458-0096, f: 979-845-6331
e: hetland at tamu.edu, w: http://pong.tamu.edu