[Numpy-discussion] tracing bdist_rpm

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Jan 18 00:42:00 EST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Stephen Walton wrote:

> I am still trying, fitfully, to figure out why numpy and scipy setup.py do
> not respect an alternative fortran compiler with config_fc when bdist_rpm is
> used as the build command, but do if the normal build command is used.  Is
> there any easy way to get a trace of what Python is actually being called as
> a result of "python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=absoft bdist_rpm"?

This is not scipy/numpy setup.py specific issue. bdist_rpm calls
`python build` and ignores all other commands in command line. See
the code in std distutils/commands/bdist_rpm.py around lines #411,
def_build variable.. To resolve this issue,
numpy.distutils.command.bdist_rpm could add a wrapper around
_make_spec_file that fixes bdist_rpm build command.

Pearu