[Numpy-discussion] Time for a new release of NumPy

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Jan 20 00:53:01 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I'd like to make a release of NumPy over the weekend.  Please submit
> bugs to the list before Saturday night (GMT -7)
>
> NumPy 0.9.2 was based on SVN version 1829 and we are over 100 checkins
> from that point, including the significant change to the .dtype
> attribute....

I would like to get numpy working with intels compiler icc -
However, as long as no one can tell me where to get information
on my scipy distutils question/problem
   http://www.scipy.org/mailinglists/mailman?fn=scipy-dev/2006-January/005138.html
I can't help further ;-)
(Personally I don't need an icc compiled one at the moment,
I can always install gcc, but ...)

Best, Arnd

P.S.: I just saw that on http://www.scipy.org/
there is still reference to new core/ new scipy etc:

"""
 This site does not reflect the rapid growth of scipy that has taken place
while a new core scipy array object has been built to replace Numeric.
This link provides more information on where to get the new scipy core.

A version of scipy that works on newcore is available for anyonymous check
out from a subversion repostitory at http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk.
File downloads are available on this site or from sourceforge here.
"""

It would be great if this could be corrected
(BTW, what about a new round of name changing - it was so much fun ...;-)