[Numpy-discussion] convertcode.py and float defaults

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Sat Jul 1 16:28:11 EDT 2006

I don't see how that will simplify the transition.  Convertcode will
still need to detect use of the dtype argument (keyword or
positional).  Simple s/zeros/int.zeros/ will not work. I read Ed's
suggestion as retaining current default in intzeros so that
intzeros(n, float) is valid.  On the other hand Tim's int.zeros would
not take dtype argument because dtype is already bound as self.

The bottom line: int.zeros will not work and intzeros(n, float) is
ugly. I would not mind oldnumeric.zeros, but context aware convertcode
is still worth the effort.  Let's see how far I will get with that ...