[Numpy-discussion] iterate along a ray: linear algebra?

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:19:07 EDT 2006

Hi Stephen,

I don't know much about image analysis, but in the scipy tutorial
(7.2Filtering), there is an example of an image filter that highlights
the edges
of an image. If I guess correctly, it finds the smoothing spline of the
image and then computes the derivative of the spline. A high derivative
means that the image intensity shifts rapidly, so maybe that could help you.

David