[Numpy-discussion] Atlas and dual core

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Sat Jul 15 10:57:28 EDT 2006

Hi Keith,

I don't have any answers for you but ...

1) Did you install ubuntu by way of Parallels, or are you running
linux "full steam"

2) If you did install ubuntu alongside/over/whatever mac os x and
didn't use parallels .. are there any links you can share w/ a few
tutorials? Is everything (else: like hardware support) working well?
(Maybe off list since it's OT -- but maybe others are interested)

3) If you still have your Mac OS X partition lying around, the full r-
platform installer [1] for the mac comes with an installer for a
threaded compile of ATLAS (specidifally for the intel duo's ..
somehow) so maybe you'd like to try to use that and save yourself
some time ... but perhaps that whole malloc vs dmalloc report [2]
might apply to this as well ... which I guess would suggest to use
linux for maximal performance (refer to q 2 :-)

-steve

[1] : http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
[2] : http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/macosx/intel.html