[Numpy-discussion] What to do about numarray extension modules?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jul 18 14:50:57 EDT 2006

I'd like to get suggestions about what to do about the remaining
numarray extension modules that are not addressed in NumPy (convolve,
image, nd_image).   There will be people coming from numarray that will
be using these modules.

Of course, my opinion is that they should not have been placed in
Numarray to begin with as the fit better as modules in SciPy.

But, given the situation.  Should we bring them over to NumPy?  Or,
perhaps provide a small package that contain these modules separately?

With the numarray c_api that is now available in NumPy, these can be
easily ported.  It would be nice to have decided this by 1.0beta release
at the end of the week.

Discussion please...

-Travis