[Numpy-discussion] Lightning talks [was:] Bug in memmap/python allocation code?

Mike Ressler mike.ressler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 11:06:15 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If someone can explain the rules of engagement for Lightning Talks, I'm
> > thinking about presenting this at SciPy 2006. Then you'll see there is a
> > reason for my madness.
>
> Unfortunately, we only have scheduled 30 minutes of lightning talks this
> year.
> We have twice as many full talks as we did last year. We'll probably only
> get
> about 5 or 6 lightning talks clocking in at 5 minutes, tops. In the
> opening
> remarks on the first day, we'll tell people to come talk to us (and by
> "us," I
> mean "Travis Vaught") during the break and tell us that they want to do a
> lightning talk about "Foo."

Okay - this will actually cause me some trouble as anything I might wish to
present has to be cleared by our export compliance office in advance (I work
at JPL). Travis V said he put me down on a list as interested, but I have to
start the clearance process about now if I'm to do anything.

What about posters? Have you thought about posters around the conference
room for small presentations like mine that could just as easily described
that way (as opposed to a talk)?

Mike

mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu