[Numpy-discussion] I think something broke badly today in numpy/scipy...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:03:17 EDT 2006

On 7/8/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:

> Hey Fernando.   I think I found the problem.   It was the same problem
> causing the BFGS test to fail in SciPy.

[...]

> The problem should be fixed in SVN.

Confirmed.  With:

numpy version: 0.9.9.2788
scipy version: 0.5.0.2057

I checked on two machines (home/office) and all is good now.  I only
had to make a tiny change to my hand-written extensions for the new C
API names, and all checks OK now.

> Very sorry...

Considering how much you've given us, I don't really think you even
have the /right/ to apologize to anyone ;)

Many thanks for such a remarkable fix, given my impossibly vague bug
report.  You rock.