[Numpy-discussion] build problem: numpy with cygwin mingw

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Sun Jul 9 17:54:19 EDT 2006

Steve Lianoglou wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Sebastian Haase wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I was to quick with my last reply.
>> The patch in ticket 114
>> (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/114)
>> refers (among others) to a file
>> distutils/system_info.py
>> but my windows python (version 2.4.3) does not contain any file like
>> that in
>> C:\Python24\Lib\distutils
>>
>> What am I missing this time !?
>
> Perhaps it's referring to the distutils folder in the numpy package ..
> should be in:
> /path/to/numpy/checkout/numpy/distutils/system_info.py

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the hint. Before I was looking for numpy/distutils (which did
not exist) and now I found it as numpy/numpy/distutils.
Done. Worked - thanks.

Now, I was trying to build SciPy - without getting through the
ATALS/Lapack precedure ! So I get the expected Warnings (... NOT
AVAILABLE)  but then (right after those) I get an error:
   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py",
line 403,
  in get_info
     raise self.notfounderror,self.notfounderror.__doc__
numpy.distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: Some third-party program or
library is not found.

Does SciPy not come anymore with a fall back non-Lapack version included !?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase