[Numpy-discussion] RandomArray module

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Thu Jul 13 03:40:27 EDT 2006

A Dijous 13 Juliol 2006 01:07, Sebastian Żurek va escriure:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone worked with the RandomArray module? I wonder,
> if it's OK to use its pseudo-random numbers generators, or
> maybe I shall find more trusted methods (ie. ran1 from Numerical Recipes)?

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that the 'random' module that comes
with NumPy is made with kind of state-of-the-art random generators, so it
should be fine for most of purposes. However, the experts, and in particular
Robert Kern (I think he is the implementor), may want to precise this point.

> Please, give some comments. Thanks.

Done ;-)

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"