[Numpy-discussion] Beta release on Thursday

Nick Fotopoulos nvf at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 20 18:14:11 EDT 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 6:00 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>> Is it possible to incorporate v7 mat-file support before the new-
>> feature freeze?
> That is in SciPy.  I'm talking about the NumPy 1.0beta release.
> But, I would like to get the v7 mat-file support into SciPy soon.
> Perhaps you are arguing about putting in mat-file support into
> NumPy.   While I appreciate the idea, I like it sitting on the
> SciPy side of the fence
>
>>   I have the fixes posted to ticket #14.  Several people have
>> contacted me about the ticket.
> Thanks for the ticket.  I will get around to it.  I've been swamped
> with NumPy.  I'm really relying on the other contributors for SciPy
> fixes.

My apologies.  I often forget that the release cycles are not phase-
locked.  The same characters play on both stages, so if I'm not
paying sufficient attention, I mix things up.

I'll go ask for a commit in SciPy land.

Take care,
Nick