[Numpy-discussion] numpy vs numarray

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 13:30:25 EDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Louis Cordier wrote:
> > Hmmm, I think people are spreading "fud" (lower case)...
> > http://media.libsyn.com/media/awaretek/Python411_060530_Numeric.mp3
>
> Can you give us a synopsis? or point us to when exactly in the clip we're
> supposed to listen?

Er, I didn't listen to the whole thing, but there are some references
to numpy being difficult to install under platforms other than windows
(arguable I guess), I got the impression the speaker was conflating
the enthon distribution with scipy, and he says at one point that
numarray is the successor to numpy.   Not fud exactly, but a bit
misleading.

Matthew