[Numpy-discussion] numpy.test() fails on Redhat Enterprise and Solaris

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Wed Jun 14 11:17:40 EDT 2006

The daily numpy build and tests I run have failed for revision 2617.

Below is the error message I receive on my RHE 3 box:

FAIL: Check reading the nested fields of a nested array (1st level)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/data/sparty1/dev/site-packages/lib/python/numpy/core/tests/test_numerictypes.py", line 283, in check_nested1_acessors
   dtype='U2'))
 File "/data/sparty1/dev/site-packages/lib/python/numpy/testing/utils.py", line 139, in assert_equal
   return assert_array_equal(actual, desired, err_msg)
 File "/data/sparty1/dev/site-packages/lib/python/numpy/testing/utils.py", line 215, in assert_array_equal
   verbose=verbose, header='Arrays are not equal')
 File "/data/sparty1/dev/site-packages/lib/python/numpy/testing/utils.py", line 207, in assert_array_compare
   assert cond, msg
AssertionError:
Arrays are not equal

(mismatch 100.0%)
x: array([u'NN', u'OO'],
     dtype='<U8')
y: array([u'NN', u'OO'],
     dtype='<U2')

On my Solaris 8 box this same test causes a bus error:

Check creation of single-dimensional objects ... ok
Check creation of 0-dimensional objects ... ok
Check creation of multi-dimensional objects ... ok
Check creation of single-dimensional objects ... ok
Check reading the top fields of a nested array ... ok
Check reading the nested fields of a nested array (1st level)Bus Error (core dumped)

Chris