[Numpy-discussion] Array interface updated to Version 3

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Jun 16 19:46:40 EDT 2006

I just updated the array interface page to emphasize we now have version
3.  NumPy still supports  objects that expose (the C-side) of version 2
of the array interface, though.

The new interface is basically the same except (mostly) for asthetics:
The differences are listed at the bottom of

http://numeric.scipy.org/array_interface.html

There is talk of ctypes supporting the new interface which is a worthy
development.  Please encourage that if you can.

Please voice concerns now if you have any.

-Travis