[Numpy-discussion] Failure to install

Jocelyn E. Renner j-renner at northwestern.edu
Thu Jun 22 12:24:57 EDT 2006

Hello!
I am attempting to install numarray on my Mac OX 10.3, and I
successfully downloaded it.  Since I am attempting to use this with
Cantera, I followed their recommendations as to installing which
included typing:

python setup.py install

when I was in the numarray directory.  When I executed this, I received
the following error message:
error: could not create
'/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
python2.3/numarray': Permission denied

I have tried to unlock this folder with little to no luck (I must
confess I am not the most computer savvy person ever).  If anyone could
give me some advice as to how to get this to install properly, I'd
appreciate it!  If it does not need to be in this folder, is there
anyway to bypass this?

Thanks so much!
Jocelyn

Jocelyn Renner
Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University
No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for
whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. ---John Donne Meditation XVII