[Numpy-discussion] Any Numeric or numarray users on this list?

Konrad Hinsen khinsen at cea.fr
Tue Jun 6 12:27:05 EDT 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 8:13, Jens Jørgen Mortensen wrote:

> Yes.  Only problem is that ASE relies on Konrad Hinsen's
> Scientific.IO.NetCDF module which is still a Numeric thing.  I saw
> recently that this module has been converted to numpy and put in
> SciPy/sandbox.  What is the future of this module?

Martin Wiechert recently sent me his adaptation to Numpy. I
integrated his patches checking for nothing else but that it doesn't
break the Numeric interface. I then checked that it compiles and runs
the demo script correctly. I am happy to send this version to anyone
who wants to test-drive it. Personally I cannot really test it as all
my application code that is based on it requires Numeric.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France