[Numpy-discussion] adaptive thresholding: get adacent cells for each pixel

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat Jun 10 09:48:11 EDT 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, stephen emslie apparently wrote:
> I'm just starting with numpy (via scipy) and I'm wanting to perform
> adaptive thresholding
> (http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/hipr/html/adpthrsh.html) on an image.

The ability to define a function on a neighborhood,
where the neighborhood is defined by relative coordinates,
is useful other places too.  (E.g., agent based modeling.
Here the output should be a new array of the same dimension
with each element replaced by the value of the function on
the neighborhood.) I am also interested in learning how
people handle this.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac