[Numpy-discussion] speed of numpy vs matlab on dot product

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 00:47:28 EDT 2006

Hmm,

I just tried this and it took so long on my machine (Athlon64, fc5_x86_64),
that I ctrl-c'd out of it. Running ldd on lapack_lite.so shows

        libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00002aaaaace2000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00002aaaaadfa000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000555555554000)

So apparently the Atlas library present in /usr/lib64/atlas was not linked
in. I built numpy from the svn repository two days ago. I expect JJ's
version is linked with atlas 'cause mine sure didn't run in 11 seconds.

Chuck