[Numpy-discussion] logical_and operator, &&, is missing?

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat Jun 24 20:38:39 EDT 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Eric Firing apparently wrote:
> I suspect that many other people will trip over the lack
> of && in the same way that I have, and will similarly
> consider it an irritant that we work around because we
> have to, not because it is good.

I agree with this.

In addition, turning to & when && is wanted
will likely cause occasional stumbles over operator
precedence.  (At least I've been bitten that way.)

But I do not see this changing unless Python grants
the ability to define new operators, in which case
I'm sure the wish lists will come out ...

Cheers,
Alan Isaac