[Numpy-discussion] Any Numeric or numarray users on this list?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 14:55:35 EDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:

> 4) Please provide any suggestions for improving NumPy.

Well, if I can beg for one thing, it would be fixing dot():

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/156

This bug is currently stalling us pretty badly, since dot() is at the
core of everything we do.  While the codebase I alluded to in my
from moving on due to this particular problem.

If it's a problem on our side, I'll gladly correct it, but it does
seem like a bug to me (esp. with Stefan's test of r2651 which passes).

If there's any extra info that you need from me, by all means let me
know an I'll be happy to provide it.  If you have a feel for where the
problem may be but don't have time to fix it right now, I can look
into it myself, if you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,