[Numpy-discussion] numpy revision 2680 causes segfault on Solaris

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Jun 26 11:37:06 EDT 2006

Christopher Hanley wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Numpy revision 2680 causes a segfault in the unit tests on the Solaris 8
> OS.  The unit tests fail with the at the following test:
>
> check_vecobject (numpy.core.tests.test_numeric.test_dot)Segmentation
> Fault (core dumped)
>
> I can try and isolate what in the test is failing.
>
> What I can tell you now is that revision 2677 built and tested with no
> issues so the suspect change was made to one of the following files:

This is a new test in 2580.    It may be a problem that has been present
but not tested against, or it may be a problem introduced with my recent
changes to the copy and broadcast code (which are pretty fundamental
pieces of code).

If you can give a (gdb) traceback it would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Travis