[Numpy-discussion] ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: Time for beta1 of NumPy 1.0

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Fri Jun 30 18:31:45 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> This is great.   How did you generate [the coverage statistic]?

It was really a hack.  I've configured python using

$ ./configure --enable-debug CC="gcc  -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"
CXX="c++ gcc  -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"

(I hate distutils!)

Then I installed numpy and ran numpy.test(). Some linalg related tests
failed which should be fixed by figuring out how to pass
-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage options to the fortran compiler.

The only non-obvious step in using gcov was that I had to tell it
where to find object files:

$ gcov -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.4/numpy/core/src numpy/core/src/*.c

> What happens if you run the scipy test suite?

I don't know because I don't use scipy. Sorry.