[Numpy-discussion] Access to C/C++, typemaps, pyrex...

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Mar 13 09:27:03 EST 2006

Ed Schofield wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>
> So, just to clarify, you think we should house the SWIG typemaps in the
> NumPy tree temporarily, until they're vetted, and then move them over to
> the SWIG tree?

I think that's what he was saying.  I think it's a good idea.  I've
created both a pyrex and a swig directory under numpy/doc and placed the
files there.  More can be added, of course, like an example of how to
use them.

They will get "installed" to the doc directory as well:
<site-packages>/numpy/doc

At least they are in a place visible to all users.

Regarding numpy 0.9.6:

I made enough changes to the numpy tree that I wanted to wait a day or
two to let obvious bugs I may have created rise to the surface before
making another release.  I'll test matplotlib today and if that goes
well and I don't hear any other complaints, I'll make a release.

-Travis