[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] NumPy 0.9.6 released

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:04:16 EST 2006

Sven Schreiber wrote:

>'0.9.6'

>matrix([[1, 0, 0],
>       [0, 1, 0],
>       [0, 0, 1]])

>array([[ 1.,  0.,  0.],
>       [ 0.,  1.,  0.],
>       [ 0.,  0.,  1.]])
>
>I was asked to report if functions in linalg still don't honor the
>matrix input type; voila.

Thanks, but of course a.I should work, right?

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
>  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\linalg\linalg.py", line 135,
>in cholesky_decomposition
>    return transpose(triu(a,k=0)).copy()
>NameError: global name 'triu' is not defined
>
>I think I've seen this error before, was it in 0.9.4? This is a real
>show-stopper.

Thanks again,  it would be nice if you could help us by checking out an
SVN version before a release ;-)

But, better late than never.

Also, show-stopper might be a bit of an over-statement.   A dumb error,
yes.   But, if you really depend on this, then it's a simple fix to
place a from numpy.lib import * at the top of the linalg.py file.

Thanks again for your help.

-Travis