[Numpy-discussion] Re: problems installing numpy on AIX

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Mar 2 17:05:19 EST 2006

mfmorss at aep.com wrote:

> I returned to this task.
>
> After some minor tweaks discussed here earlier, the build appears to
> succeed.  There are two issues.  Issue 1 is, to me, of unknown
> significance; it does not prevent the build.

These errors seem to indicate that while the build finished it did not
result in useful code.

Could you post the output of the build log?  It may contain warnings
that are relevant.

I don't understand why you are getting the errors you are getting.  They
seem unusual.  Make sure you are running from outside the directory you
built in (i.e. don't run in the numpy source directory).

> Issue 2 is that numpy can't be imported.  There are problems with newdocs,
> type_check and numerictypes.
>
> The symptoms are shown below.
>

> Issue 1.
>
> creating build/temp.aix-5.2-2.4/build/src/numpy/core/src
> compile options: '-Ibuild/src/numpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include
> -Ibuild/src/numpy/core -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include
> -I/mydirectory/include/python2.4 -c'
> cc_r: build/src/numpy/core/src/umathmodule.c
> "build/src/numpy/core/src/umathmodule.c", line 9307.32: 1506-280 (W)
> Function argument assignment between types "long double*" and "double*" is
> not allowed.

This is a strange as it seems your math library has the wrong definition
for modfl.   Can you verify what section of code this is balking on?

Thanks for the attempts,

-Travis