[Numpy-discussion] Numpy licenses

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Mar 3 08:28:02 EST 2006

Joe Harrington wrote:
>> Travis wrote numpy and he can put any license he wants on that.

Joe is basically right.   I started from the Numeric code and then
changed most of it at least a little bit :-),  but there are still
recognizable chunks from the old Numeric code base.

Then, I borrowed mostly ideas from Numarray except for the _sortmodule.c
which I pretty-much grabbed whole-cloth.

So, I was always under the impression that I was modifying already
produced code.  The license should continue to be similar to what it was.

-Travis