[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation failure

umut tabak umut.tabak at student.kuleuven.be
Wed May 3 08:34:10 EDT 2006

Dear all, I am new to python however not new to programming world,

I have got the Numeric package I think because the output seems OK

 >>> from Numeric import *

seems OK but when I try to view a picture file which is supplied in the
install and test documentation of numpy it fails

 >>>view(greece)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'view' is not defined

There it is written that the numpy directory must be under the demo
directory but I do not have a demo directory under the python directory.

Sth is missing I guess but could not figure out, actually I did not have
much time to search and find the error :), hope for your understanding.
I am seeking a step by step installation description so your help is
very much appreciated.

Regards,

U.T.