[Numpy-discussion] Test fails for rev. 2473

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:00:13 EDT 2006

Hello all

Are doctests really worth it? They are reasonably useful when developing new
code, but "normal" tests might be better once the code is done. I also found
out that they break trace.py, a very useful tool included with Python for
determining code coverage -- knowledge that would be very useful for
identifying areas where NumPy's test suite can be improved.

I prepared two patches to turn the existing doctests into "normal" tests:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/87
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/88

Regards,

Albert