[Numpy-discussion] Getting 0.9.8 out this week

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue May 9 15:10:47 EDT 2006

I'd like to get 0.9.8 of NumPy released by the end of the week.   There
are a few Trac tickets that need to be resolved by then.

In particular #83 suggests returning scalars instead of 1x1 matrices
from certain reduce-like methods.  Please chime in on your preference.
I'm waiting to here more feedback before applying the patch.

If you can help out on any other ticket that would be much appreciated.

For my part, the scalar math module need to have a re-worked coercion
model so that mixing in Python scalars is handled correctly (as well as
the case of mixing unsigned and signed integers of the same type ---
neither can be cast to each other).  I'm open to any suggestions and
help.  This should eliminate many of the problems causing tests to fail
currently with scalar math.

The 0.9.8 release is past due now.  I was out of town last week and did
not have much time for NumPy.

-Travis