[Numpy-discussion] Building on Windows

Stephan Tolksdorf st at sigmasquared.net
Wed May 10 14:33:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

there are still some (mostly minor) problems with the Windows build of
Numpy (MinGW/Cygwin/MSVC). I'd be happy to produce patches and
documentation enhancements, but before doing so I'd like to know if
there's interest from one of the core developers to review/commit these
patches afterwards. I'm asking because in the past questions and
suggestions regarding the building process of Numpy (especially on
Windows) often remained unanswered on this list. I realise that many
developers don't use Windows and that the distutils build is a complex
beast, but the current situation seems a bit unsatisfactory  - and I
would like to help.
Would there be any interest for further refactoring of the build code
over and above patching errors?

Stephan