[Numpy-discussion] nonzero() behaviour has changed

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue May 16 12:09:02 EDT 2006

1. I hope for an array 'a' that nonzero(a) and a.nonzero()
   will produce the same result, whatever convention is
   chosen.  For 1d arrays only the numarray behavior can be
   consistent with nd arrays (which Numeric's 'nonzero' did
   not handle).  But ...
2. How are people using this?  I trust that the numarray
   behavior was well considered, but I would have expected
   coordinates to be grouped rather than spread across
   the arrays in the tuple.

Thank you for any insight,
Alan Isaac