[Numpy-discussion] Re: numpy (?) bug.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:23:00 EDT 2006

Martin Wiechert wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've a rather huge and involved application which now that I've updateded a
> couple of its dependencies (numpy/PyQwt/ScientificPython ...) keeps crashing
> on me after "certain patterns of interaction". I've pasted a typical
> backtrace below, the top part looks always very similar, in particular
> multiarray.so is always there. Also it's always an illegal call to free ().
>
> So you gurus out there, does this mean that numpy is the culprit?

Possibly. Without access to your code, it's impossible for us to tell and even
more impossible for us to fix it. If you can narrow it down to the function in
numpy.core.multiarray that's being called and the arguments you are passing to
it, we might be able to do something.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."