[Numpy-discussion] numpy-0.9.5 build is not clean

Krishna Mohan Gundu gkmohan at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:40:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to build numpy-0.9.5, downloaded from sourceforge download
page, as higher versions are not yet tested for pygsl. The build seems
to be broken. I uninstall existing numpy and start build from scratch
but I get the following errors when I import numpy after install.

====
>>> from numpy import *
import core -> failed: module compiled against version 90504 of C-API
but this version of numpy is 90500
import random -> failed: 'module' object has no attribute 'dtype'
import linalg -> failed: module compiled against version 90504 of
C-API but this version of numpy is 90500
====

Any help is appreciated. Am I doing something wrong or is it known
that this build is broken?

thanks,
Krishna.