[Numpy-discussion] numpy-0.9.5 build is not clean

Krishna Mohan Gundu gkmohan at gmail.com
Wed May 24 22:41:04 EDT 2006

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. As I said earlier I deleted the existing numpy
installation and the build directories. I am more than confidant that
I did it right. Is there anyway I can prove myself wrong?

I also tried importing umath.so from build directory
===
$ cd numpy-0.9.5/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.4/numpy/core
$ ls -l umath.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 krishna  users      463541 May 22 17:46 umath.so
$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Apr  8 2006, 19:10:42)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-49)] on linux2
>>> import umath
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 90500 of C-API but this
version of numpy is 90504

===

So something is wrong with the build for sure. Could there be anything
wrong other than not deleting the build directory?

thanks,
Krishna.